South Africa’s fight against the theft of the country’s marine resources has been stepped up with the launching of a training academy in Port Elizabeth. The Fish Force Academy at the Nelson Mandela University is part of the new Ocean Sciences campus. It’s main purpose is to combat sea fisheries crime and related criminal activities through the training of fisheries control officers, police officers and prosecutors.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time to sort this Red Location Museum ‘MESS’ out once and for all - 18 January 2019
- POPCRU on #Bosasagate - 18 January 2019
- That I could be Good Enough to live as long as the co-inventor of the Lithium-ion battery - 18 January 2019
- Fishing Trawler Assisted in Big Seas - 17 January 2019
- Toyota Cheetahs team to face Isuzu Southern Kings - 17 January 2019