I refer to my experience of today early in the morning at 10:00am.
I received a call from Xolile Gwaqu the brother of the late patient Luvuyo Gwaqu who waited in vain for an ambulance and subsequently succumbed to death.
I was contacted as a member of SANGOCO as well Zwide Clinic Committee member to assist the famiky to get an ambulance for Luvuyo Gwaqu in Zwide 9 Moffat Street. I have assisted the family to contact the EMS via 10177, 112 and 041 403 7000 with no joy as they claim no ambulance was available in the morning until now.
I contacted the Head of EMS on 083 3780 133 Mr. Mertune and he promised to assist and phone the family. He further promised that the supervisor at EMS will contact me and that never happened.
On arrival at 3:00 pm at the family home I was told that the patient had died and they were waiting for EMS to fetch the deceased.
I am worried about this poor service to our communities are experiencing as we approach elections I am looking forward to hearing what political parties are promising to the poor who have no medical aid. I further challenge the government on the serious in implementing National Health Insurance.
SANGOCO and Zwide Clinic Committee
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Omotoso whistle-blower donates food to PE homeless [video] - 16 February 2019
- 4 Bedroom House For Sale in Walmer, Port Elizabeth for R4 250 000 [video] - 16 February 2019
- Makhanda News: 2,000 students across SA to be awarded CETA bursaries - 16 February 2019
- Guest review from J. Mafukati. – Featured Blog - 15 February 2019
- Bhisho News: Opposition rips into EC Premier Phumulo Masualle’s Sopa ‘whitewash’ - 15 February 2019