I refer to my experience of today early in the morning at 10:00am.
I received a call from Xolile Gwaqu the brother of the late patient Luvuyo Gwaqu who waited in vain for an ambulance and subsequently succumbed to death.
I was contacted as a member of SANGOCO as well Zwide Clinic Committee member to assist the famiky to get an ambulance for Luvuyo Gwaqu in Zwide 9 Moffat Street. I have assisted the family to contact the EMS via 10177, 112 and 041 403 7000 with no joy as they claim no ambulance was available in the morning until now.
I contacted the Head of EMS on 083 3780 133 Mr. Mertune and he promised to assist and phone the family. He further promised that the supervisor at EMS will contact me and that never happened.
On arrival at 3:00 pm at the family home I was told that the patient had died and they were waiting for EMS to fetch the deceased.
I am worried about this poor service to our communities are experiencing as we approach elections I am looking forward to hearing what political parties are promising to the poor who have no medical aid. I further challenge the government on the serious in implementing National Health Insurance.
SANGOCO and Zwide Clinic Committee
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Ford Begins Vehicle Exports From Port Elizabeth To Europe - 22 April 2019
- Grahamstown News: Fundraising Furniture Sale All Easter Long - 22 April 2019
- Ironman 2019 Eye in the Sky - 22 April 2019
- Mthatha News: IFP promises to help Matatiele residents to be re-incorporated into KZN - 22 April 2019
- King Williams Town News: 2015 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D LEGEND 45 4X4 Double Cab Bakkie for sale in Eastern Cape - 22 April 2019