The Democratic Alliance welcomes the announcement today by SA Rugby that the Eastern Province Kings will participate in next season’s Super 15 franchise.
This is very good news for rugby in the Eastern Cape. This will boost tourism in the province when games are played here, which will have a spin-off of much needed job creation.
Our young promising rugby players won’t be lost to this province as has happened in the past. The EP Kings have our support and we wish them well in their preparations for the tournament.
Pine Pienaar, MPL
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Intimidation of NMB audit team - 5 December 2019
- EC Municipalities debt to Eskom surpasses the Billion-rand mark - 5 December 2019
- Criminal elements in Education Department must be rooted out - 5 December 2019
- Hobie cat 16 – Nationals Port Elizabeth 2012 [video] - 5 December 2019
- PE Company directors accused of duping investors tell court they were operating within the law – Port Elizabeth Business News - 5 December 2019