I recently had the privilege of taking my grandson to play on the amenities at Kings Beach between the two childrens swimming pools.
There were two groups of children on an outing numbering about forty. Both sets of toilets opposite the swimming pools were locked which caused untold problems for the teachers as the closest toilets were at the life saving block 200 meters away. They tried to use the ablutions inside the swimming pool area but to no avail as they had not paid to swim. The teachers had to let the children urinate behind the bushes and I don’t blame them.
The outdoor showers at these ablutions have no drainage so by midday the walkway was awash in ankle deep water.
The children’s swimming pools open at 10:00am – I think for the season this is rather late as parents with small children are normally at the beach by 9:30 and heading home by 11:00am for their sleeps.
Can’t these pools be opened earlier during the season?
Please accept this as constructive cricitism.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Alleged rapist who went ‘missing’ after bail- arrested at PE harbour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 5 December 2019
- Intimidation of NMB audit team - 5 December 2019
- EC Municipalities debt to Eskom surpasses the Billion-rand mark - 5 December 2019
- Criminal elements in Education Department must be rooted out - 5 December 2019
- Hobie cat 16 – Nationals Port Elizabeth 2012 [video] - 5 December 2019