Under the leadership of Mayor Athol Trollip, the DA-led coalition government in the Nelson Mandela Bay (NMB) Metro has over the last 18 months made significant progress in delivering on its three broad election commitments of stopping corruption, creating job opportunities and delivering quality services.
The deliberate interventions by the new government have been so effective that the NMB municipality has been rated the 2nd most trusted metro municipality in 2017, after being the 2nd least trusted under the previous ANC government, which was rejected by the residents of the metro.
Thursday’s motion of no confidence in the new NMB administration is nothing but a ploy by the ANC to regain control of the people of NMB’s money and reverse the great work of the DA-led administration.
The ANC cannot allow word of the DA-led coalition’s successes in NMB to spread to other parts of the Eastern Cape, where service delivery is non-existent, jobs are lost every day and billions of Rands worth of corruption rob people of opportunities.
The work we do in NMB is only just a taste of what is to come when the people of the Eastern Cape vote for a new government and new beginning in 2019.
With the DA at the helm, the people of NMB will always come first, this will not be the case under a different administration. The people of NMB voted for a new beginning, which has already:
- Connected 12 000 residents to running water and toilets for the first time;
- Created 4 000 much-needed job opportunities;
- Made NMB safer by introducing a Metro Police Department;
- Stopped officials from flying business and first class; and
- Awarded 1 800 youth bursaries worth R34 million
To make our voices heard in support of the progress made, thousands of NMB residents will gather as follows:
- Date: Thursday, 30 November 2017
- Time: 08:30
- Location: Vuyisile Mini Square (in front of the Nelson Mandela Bay City Hall)
We call upon all NMB residents to come out in their numbers to ensure that we Keep Making Progress in NMB.
DA Eastern Cape Provincial Leader
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: Browsing: Bill Tucker - 19 March 2019
- PE Business News: A Force More Powerful - 19 March 2019
- Uitenhage News: Long term forecast forUitenhage, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 18 March 2019
- King Williams Town News: Two killed in head-on collision near King William’s Town - 18 March 2019
- PE Business News: Brussels to Port Elizabeth flights - 18 March 2019