Acclaimed Saxophonist, Musical Director Educator & SAMA Award winner Phumlani Mtiti will kick off Youth Month for his performance on Jazz’Afro Sundays at the Barn. Since taking to the live performance arena in 2005, Phumlani has performed with South African Jazz Legends such as the late greats Zim Ngqawana & Winston Mankunku Ngozi, Feya Faku, Sibongile Khumalo and Khaya Mahlangu to name but a few. He has featured on the National Arts Festival, Cape Town Jazz Festival and the inaugural Mandela Bay Jazz Legacy Festival playing alongside Andile Yenana.
Phumlani is the co-founder of Ological Studies the group went on to win a SAMA for Best Contemporary Jazz music in 2011. He relocated to Durban where he taught Music at Durban Boys High school in 2017.
On Sunday 03 June Mtiti will be joined on stage by Khanyisa Sigwanda on vocals, Lubabalo Luzipo & Mthokozisi Mabuza on Keys, Elviro on Bass Guitar & Thoba Goba on Drums & Cymbals.
Phumlani Mtiti will appear on 03 June 2018 at the Barn Theatre, PE Opera House from 17h00. Admission is R70.00 (R50.00 Pensioners) – limited seating be sure to be early.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- I am Kinda Glad I don’t Eat Meat - 6 December 2019
- Manhunt for four suspects in E Cape - 6 December 2019
- 5 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 5 December 2019
- The most destructive mayor in Nelson Mandela Bay’s history REMOVED - 5 December 2019
- Happy 14th Birthday - 5 December 2019