It looks like Algoa Bay’s Bottlenose Dolphins finally got the memo that there are more than just a few of them in the bay.
Whilst drone filming along a beach break in Port Elizabeth, Rainer Schimpf from Expert Tours followed some Bottlenose Dolphins and to his surprise saw a Great White Shark in the surf as well.
When viewing the drone footage you will see adult Bottlenose Dolphins (Adults can be up to 3.5 meters in length) chasing a Great White Shark (estimated at 5 meters in length) through the surf.
Probably secure in their numbers these Bottlenose Dolphins show no respect for this apex predator and chase him off into the murky waters of breaking waves and sand, only to return to continue hunting fish in the surf.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time is Running Out - 19 February 2019
- Homecoming for Amanda Black - 19 February 2019
- Baakens River Pedestrian Bridge - 19 February 2019
- The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round - 19 February 2019
- Why one of Newton Park’s Last Roads to be tarred was McAdam Street - 19 February 2019