It looks like Algoa Bay’s Bottlenose Dolphins finally got the memo that there are more than just a few of them in the bay.
When viewing the drone footage you will see adult Bottlenose Dolphins (Adults can be up to 3.5 meters in length) chasing a Great White Shark (estimated at 5 meters in length) through the surf.
Probably secure in their numbers these Bottlenose Dolphins show no respect for this apex predator and chase him off into the murky waters of breaking waves and sand, only to return to continue hunting fish in the surf.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- State of Makhanda: joint stakeholder statement - 23 May 2019
- Repo rate unchanged - 23 May 2019
- Why B2B cheque payments are declining - 23 May 2019
- Comedy act will add spice to Humewood Golf Festival - 23 May 2019
- The proposed arena for The Ocean Race 2021 in NMB - 23 May 2019