Eddie Vedder performs “Here Comes The Sun” during his visit to Walmer High School, Port Elizabeth, South Africa on 5 December 2018.
Eddie Vedder recorded some songs with learners from Walmer Township back in 2004 in Seattle. On 5 December he visited the learners in Walmer High School’s library which is run by Masifunde Learner Development. Some learners from the Masifunde youth choir were chosen to perform some songs. Eddie came with his wife and two children. He sang “Here comes the sun” (Lavel’ilanga) on his Ukulele and he planted a tree. Eddie and his wife were emotional to see the living conditions in Walmer and to meet the learners again after 14 years.
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 1 Bedroom House to Rent in Summerstrand – Port Elizabeth in the News - 7 December 2019
- South African logistics startup Droppa receives funding from IDF Capital for expansion – Port Elizabeth Business News - 6 December 2019
- More victims come forward in case of PE couple accused of duping investors – Port Elizabeth in the News - 6 December 2019
- Before the start – Team Sailing League Regatta - 6 December 2019
- Families living in classrooms for 18 years to be relocated – News from GroundUp - 6 December 2019