Eddie Vedder recorded some songs with learners from Walmer Township back in 2004 in Seattle. On 5 December he visited the learners in Walmer High School’s library which is run by Masifunde Learner Development. Some learners from the Masifunde youth choir were chosen to perform some songs. Eddie came with his wife and two children. He sang “Here comes the sun” (Lavel’ilanga) on his Ukulele and he planted a tree. Eddie and his wife were emotional to see the living conditions in Walmer and to meet the learners again after 14 years.
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Quick start gives DSG hockey honours – MyPR.co.za - 19 March 2019
- Bhisho News: Top Bhisho MECs listed for national role - 19 March 2019
- Grahamstown News: Textile artist Nike Davis-Okundaye to receive honorary doctorate degree in South Africa - 19 March 2019
- Mthatha News: Browsing: Bill Tucker - 19 March 2019
- PE Business News: A Force More Powerful - 19 March 2019