Eddie Vedder recorded some songs with learners from Walmer Township back in 2004 in Seattle. On 5 December he visited the learners in Walmer High School’s library which is run by Masifunde Learner Development. Some learners from the Masifunde youth choir were chosen to perform some songs. Eddie came with his wife and two children. He sang “Here comes the sun” (Lavel’ilanga) on his Ukulele and he planted a tree. Eddie and his wife were emotional to see the living conditions in Walmer and to meet the learners again after 14 years.
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Manufacturing Indaba Eastern Cape hosts breakfast presentations - 20 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: 2018 Toyota Avanza 1.5 SX for sale in Eastern Cape - 20 May 2019
- Grahamstown News: Identity of corpse found in Grahamstown still a mystery - 20 May 2019
- 14 ft. Skiff sailing [video] - 20 May 2019
- Makhanda News: England beat Pakistan in 5th ODI, win series 4-0 - 19 May 2019