Listen to Algoa FM online here:
We’ve been broadcasting in the Eastern Cape since 1 January 1986 and in the Garden Route since December 2011; including Knysna, George and Mossel Bay. The on-air product is lifestyle focused towards adults who enjoy good music, good living and indulge in quality life experiences.
In addition to good music; the station brings global, national and local news and gossip, sport, local traffic and weather extending across our footprint. We’ve been broadcasting in the Eastern Cape for over 27 years and in the Garden Route, including Knysna, George and Mossel Bay since December 2011.
The station is predominantly a music station, but includes many talk show features. More information on the different shows can be found on our DJ blog pages. Our programs, music and events are tailored to our specific audience as we aspire to always entertain and inspire our listeners while investing in our community.
Our broadcast footprint stretches across the Eastern Cape. From Monday to Friday from 3PM – 7PM there is a broadcast split that covers three different areas:
- The Border Region that reaches East London to King William’s Town, Queenstown to Aliwal North.
- The Garden Route Split that stretches from Knysna to Mossel Bay.
- Port Elizabeth and the remainder of the Eastern Cape.
Our music is a mix of popular hit music from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s including popular contemporary hits.
Algoa FM aspires to be the leading and most admired media brand.
- We provide entertaining and informative content.
- We maintain a culture of service excellence.
- We nurture an environment conducive to initiative, creative expression and personal responsibility.
- We nurture a fervent commitment to our community.
- Service and Excellence
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Coega puts East Cape on the map with global investment attractions - 19 June 2018
- Anrich Nortje - 19 June 2018
- Gihahn Love Cloete - 19 June 2018
- Healthy Breakfast at Tolbos in Patensie - 19 June 2018
- The Sunny Industry Taking South Africa by Storm - 19 June 2018