At 20h09 on Sunday 15 February, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) reporting the local 30 foot catamaran – SAHARI with 5 crew onboard suffering motor mechanical failure at the entrance to the Port of Port Elizabeth while returning from an evening Bay sail and they were requiring assistance.
NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew launched the sea rescue craft EIKOS RESCUER IV and on arrival on-scene took the casualty yacht under tow and towed her to her mooring without incident where once safely moored no further assistance was required.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- One Step Closer for Fish Farms in Algoa Bay as DAFF Receives EA - 28 February 2020
- First Southern Kings start for 23 year-old - 28 February 2020
- Irish internationals return to Connacht squad for Isuzu Southern Kings clash - 28 February 2020
- 100 First aid kits handed over to local schools - 28 February 2020
- Loadshedding? Possibly, Maybe! - 28 February 2020