The 10-day Mandela International Film Festival is unlikely to take place in December.
Madiba’s grandson Mandla Mandela said there was now talk of another festival launch‚ on a grander‚ international scale‚ to be held in December instead.
This comes as the council is yet to decide if it will help fund the festival following severe budget cuts in the economic development‚ tourism and agriculture department.
In March‚ the department’s portfolio committee on the council was told the metro was required to contribute R12-million towards the R40-million festival. – The Herald
Source: RDM News Wire.
Related: Mandela Bay Film Festival Launched.
Latest posts by RDM Newswire (see all)
- Many tummies to fill at UDM election campaign launch - 14 September 2015
- I Didn’t write the exam says Danny - 10 September 2015
- PE woman fatally stabbed - 8 September 2015
- Rand hits historic low against dollar - 7 September 2015
- Rand to weaken past R14/$ soon - 7 September 2015