This Port Elizabeth Business image is courtesy of Flickr. Click on the Flickr account holder below the photograph to see more.
Action Description: People gathered at the beautiful Sacramento trail in
Schoenmakerskop, Port Elizabeth to show their support for organisations such
as 350.org and Avaaz and stood in solidarity with those around the world in
their plea to decision makers at Copenhagen to sign a Real Deal. We
emphasised the importance of revitalising an ethics of earth-caring,
especially on a planet where the human population has increased from one
billion to over six billion in less than a hundred years.
Quote: "In the ecological parallel to the Titanic story, we have reached the
stage in the narrative where we have received the iceberg warning, and have
made the remarkable decision to double the engine speed to Full Speed Ahead
and go below to get a good night’s rest. A change of course might be bad for
business, we might have to slow down, lose time. Nothing, not even the
ultimate risk of the death of nature, can be allowed to hold back the
triumphant progress of the ship of rational fools." (Val Plumwood
Environmental Culture: The Ecological Crisis of Reason 2002: 1)
Goodluck and thanks
This image is automatically selected as it was published with this keyword/s relevant to Port Elizabeth: Port Elizabeth Business. Please – CLICK HERE to report any ‘offensive’ images. Don’t forget to support and thank the photographer.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: 3 Bedroom House for Sale in Tyu Tyu North - 21 January 2019
- Vusi Pikoli’s SAA appointment Wrong - 21 January 2019
- Makhanda News: IT PAYS TO PICK WHAT OTHERS THROW AWAY - 20 January 2019
- PE Business News: A Patient Approach fail As Pakistan punish Protea, - 20 January 2019
- Grahamstown News: Disruption to Glasgow trains after breakdown on Edinburgh line - 20 January 2019