This Historical Port Elizabeth image is courtesy of Flickr. Click on the Flickr account holder below the photograph to see more.
Image by The National Archives UK
Description: Port Elizabeth, Bequia (Grenadines).
Location: Bequia, Grenadines
Our Catalogue Reference: Part of CO 1069/389
This image is part of the Colonial Office photographic collection held at The National Archives, uploaded as part of the Caribbean Through a Lens project.
We have attempted to provide place information for the images automatically but our software may not have found the correct location.
We need your help to fill in the gaps, to unearth the missing stories, the social and cultural memories from this selection of colonial recordings.
Do you recognise anything or anyone in the photographs?
Do they provoke any personal or historical memories?
If so, please leave your comments, tags and stories to enrich our records.
If you would like to get involved in our community project Caribbean through a lens, we would love to hear from you.
For high quality reproductions of any item from our collection please contact our image library
This image is automatically selected as it was published with this keyword/s relevant to Port Elizabeth: Historical Port Elizabeth. Please – CLICK HERE to report any ‘offensive’ images. Don’t forget to support and thank the photographer.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Rest – Team Sailing League Regatta - 9 December 2019
- Refugees join homeless for Christmas lunch event – News from GroundUp - 9 December 2019
- Port Elizabeth police recover stolen tyres worth R4 million – Port Elizabeth Business News - 9 December 2019
- Christopher Panayiotou Father Shot, Killed In Uitenhage – Port Elizabeth in the News - 9 December 2019
- Waiting – Team Sailing League Regatta - 9 December 2019