Husband and wife, Pierre and Diane Bylsma from Parsons Ridge, Port Elizabeth, will battle it out during the 2017 Championship Boerewors competition’s Top 18 Round on Saturday, 22 July 2017, at the Root 44 Market in Stellenbosch. Here the top three recipes will be chosen by a panel of expert judges from the South African Chefs Association (SACA).
The competition really heats up when the top three recipes will be available in Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets for consumers to buy, braai and vote for their favourite between Friday 18 August and Friday 8 September 2017. By voting the public ultimately decides who the new boerewors champion is and stand a chance of winning their share of awesome prizes.
The winner of the 2017 Championship Boerewors competition, as voted for by the public, will be announced on Wednesday, 13 September. The grand prize includes a brand new Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 Double Cab Raised Body Raider as well as the honour of having one’s recipe crowned and sold as #SAsNo1. There are also wonderful prizes up for grabs for participants from Coca-Cola, Wellington’s and Simba.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Upgrading of the national route between Grahamstown and Fish River Pass - 19 August 2017
- King Williams Town news: Matrics kicked out over braids - 19 August 2017
- 2 Bedroom House For Sale in Motherwell Nu 6, Port Elizabeth for R495 000 [video] - 19 August 2017
- Another Google guest review, this time from: Khumo Motsumi. – Featured Blog - 19 August 2017
- No sense of urgency from SAPS while PE Northern Areas bleed - 19 August 2017