Husband and wife, Pierre and Diane Bylsma from Parsons Ridge, Port Elizabeth, will battle it out during the 2017 Championship Boerewors competition’s Top 18 Round on Saturday, 22 July 2017, at the Root 44 Market in Stellenbosch. Here the top three recipes will be chosen by a panel of expert judges from the South African Chefs Association (SACA).
The competition really heats up when the top three recipes will be available in Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets for consumers to buy, braai and vote for their favourite between Friday 18 August and Friday 8 September 2017. By voting the public ultimately decides who the new boerewors champion is and stand a chance of winning their share of awesome prizes.
The winner of the 2017 Championship Boerewors competition, as voted for by the public, will be announced on Wednesday, 13 September. The grand prize includes a brand new Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 Double Cab Raised Body Raider as well as the honour of having one’s recipe crowned and sold as #SAsNo1. There are also wonderful prizes up for grabs for participants from Coca-Cola, Wellington’s and Simba.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Seda NMB ICT Incubator brings new opportunities to Metro entrepreneurs - 25 February 2018
- Mthatha news: South Africa: Seven suspects shot dead in police station raid - 25 February 2018
- King Williams Town news: 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 Tsi B/mo Tren-fun (90kw) for sale in Eastern Cape - 25 February 2018
- Bhisho news: Premier’s prediction on IPTS in doubt - 25 February 2018
- PE in the news: Shipment of 50,000 tonnes of phosphate rock bound for NZ to be sold after held up in South Africa - 25 February 2018