Part of the international festival celebrating creativity, Cannes Lions, Young Lions challenges young creative talent to film and edit a 60-second advert in 48 hours. The local leg of the competition, Cinemark’s Young Lions is calling for entries.
Its jury members will handpick a two-man team who will be given the opportunity to travel to the Cannes Lions Festival and represent South Africa in the international Young Lions Competition. Andrew MacKenzie, creative director of Boomtown, has been selected as a jury member.
“South Africa has world-class creative talent. What a privilege to be able to judge the Creative rock stars of the future, the young talent that will fly the flag for South Africa at Cannes 2015” Says MacKenzie. “It’s exciting. It’s opportunity for local talent to experience the global stage and give a taste of the great things they can achieve.”
Format: The local South African competition follows a similar format, and the brief will be published on 21 April at 12:00.
Teams entering for the 2015 Cinemark Young Lions competition must register for the competition by 21 April at http://cinemark.co.za/cannes-lions. All commercials must be submitted by 23 April at 12:00. Winners will be announced on 4 May.
Author: Kimberley Clare Ogden
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- BWW Review: One of Kansas City’s Best Dramas MASTER HAROLD…AND THE BOYS Opens at City Stage – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 September 2019
- Coming Through? - 15 September 2019
- PE police dog, Jack apprehends to ATM robbers – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 September 2019
- Running Red Detail - 15 September 2019
- Uitenhage News: 4 Bedroom House for Sale in Scheepershoogte - 15 September 2019