The DA Students’ Organisation (DASO) yesterday dealt a devastating blow to ANC student politics by wrestling total control of Port Elizabeth College away from the ANC-aligned South African Students Congress (SASCO).
The student representative council (SRC) elections held at Port Elizabeth College on Thursday was a significant accomplishment for DASO as, for the first time ever, SASCO, could not win a majority in the SRC.
DASO and SASCO each claimed five seats while the EFF won two seats on the council.
This follows a month after DASO took total control of the SRC at the University of Fort Hare.
These results show that the youth of the Eastern Cape are able to find a home in the DA and will put their trust in the party.
The DA congratulates DASO for bringing change to PE College and would like to thank all the students who came out to support the DA.
DASO will now work tirelessly to champion the pressing issues facing PE College students.
DA Eastern Cape Provincial Leader
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho news: Paramedics protest in Bhisho - 22 June 2018
- Uitenhage in the news: Chaos in Uitenhage as angry residents demand housing repairs - 22 June 2018
- Grahamstown in the news: Positive Behaviour for Learning for Port Stephens - 22 June 2018
- PE in the news: Klate among names in Wits, Chippa swap deals - 22 June 2018
- Mandela University hosts colloquium highlighting role of the Arts in ocean sciences - 22 June 2018