The DA Students’ Organisation (DASO) yesterday dealt a devastating blow to ANC student politics by wrestling total control of Port Elizabeth College away from the ANC-aligned South African Students Congress (SASCO).
The student representative council (SRC) elections held at Port Elizabeth College on Thursday was a significant accomplishment for DASO as, for the first time ever, SASCO, could not win a majority in the SRC.
DASO and SASCO each claimed five seats while the EFF won two seats on the council.
This follows a month after DASO took total control of the SRC at the University of Fort Hare.
These results show that the youth of the Eastern Cape are able to find a home in the DA and will put their trust in the party.
The DA congratulates DASO for bringing change to PE College and would like to thank all the students who came out to support the DA.
DASO will now work tirelessly to champion the pressing issues facing PE College students.
DA Eastern Cape Provincial Leader
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: Family seek justice for boy’s horrid assault at illegal initiation school - 16 October 2018
- NMB Acting City Manager appointed illegally - 16 October 2018
- Eastern Cape’s public hospitals fail at safety - 16 October 2018
- Grahamstown News: Idols judge Unathi Nkayi gets intimate – opens up about money, beliefs about it - 16 October 2018
- PE News: Judge in Timothy Omotoso case accused of acting ‘improper’ - 16 October 2018