At 04h45, Saturday, 10th January, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) to rendezvous with the 292 meter bulk carrier ER BAYONNE, sailing from Canada to Singapore, to casualty evacuate the 40 year old Bulgarian Master of the ship, suffering an achilles
heal injury heel injury (see comments), and to exchange crew including delivering a new ships Master.
NSRI Port Elizabeth had been informed on Thursday of the pending arrival of ER BAYONNE that was heading towards Port Elizabeth from deep sea with their injured Master.
On arrival on-scene, in Algoa Bay, NSRI rescue crew were put aboard the ship and the injured Master taken off the ship and onto the sea rescue craft SPIRIT OF TOFT, secured into a Stokes basket stretcher, the crew changes were made, and in a stable condition the ships Master was brought into the Port of Port Elizabeth and transported to hospital for further treatment by the ships company representative.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020
- Lockdown sees a decrease in serious and violent crimes - 5 April 2020
- Willowvale police investigate murder case - 5 April 2020
- Anti-Gang Unit arrest attempted murder suspect in Bethelsdorp - 5 April 2020
- It has to be said - 5 April 2020