The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents and businesses that a major 600mm diameter water supply pipeline situated along Admirality Way has been damaged by contractors and will have to be shut down.
The areas supplied by this main are Summerstrand between 2nd Ave and the Beachfront, and the lower lying areas of Humewood and the Beachfront itself.
Officials are in the process assessing the extent of the damage to ascertain whether the main can be repaired, whether temporary or permanent.
An attempt will be made to supply water into this area from an alternative reservoir zone but there is a strong possibility that some higher lying may experience low pressure or even no water at all.
Consumers who have water are requested to use water sparingly.
The municipality would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019