The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents and businesses that a major 600mm diameter water supply pipeline situated along Admirality Way has been damaged by contractors and will have to be shut down.
The areas supplied by this main are Summerstrand between 2nd Ave and the Beachfront, and the lower lying areas of Humewood and the Beachfront itself.
Officials are in the process assessing the extent of the damage to ascertain whether the main can be repaired, whether temporary or permanent.
An attempt will be made to supply water into this area from an alternative reservoir zone but there is a strong possibility that some higher lying may experience low pressure or even no water at all.
Consumers who have water are requested to use water sparingly.
The municipality would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Water Shut Off Due To Maintenance Work - 10 July 2019
- On the Non Collection of Refuse - 5 July 2019
- Let me know what challenges you face - 4 July 2019
- Staying ahead of the curve to address community issues a must – Mayor Bobani - 2 July 2019
- Parts of Summerstrand and Humewood Could be Without Water - 26 June 2019