A section of Heugh Road will be partially closed from tomorrow (Thursday, 15 March) for up to two weeks to allow for the rehabilitation of the segment between 4th and 8th Avenue, Walmer ahead of the Ironman 70.3 World Championship in September.
Member of the Mayoral Committee for Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture, Cllr Siyasanga Sijadu, said the successful hosting of both the Ironman African Championship next month and the event on 1 and 2 September will once again emphasize the municipality’s ability to host world class events with distinction.
“However in this instance, the good comes with minor inconveniences such as the partial road closure of the busy Heugh Road for up to two weeks.
“One lane will be open at all times to allow for traffic to pass through but motorists should expect a delay. Perhaps they should consider alternative routes as part of their itinerary,” MMC Sijadu said.
The partial road closure will be enforced between 09:00r and 16:00 every day while work is in progress.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Areas scheduled for waste collection today - 21 June 2018
- Contingency plan for waste collection in operation - 20 June 2018
- Sticky matter of strike causes extension of tender for oils and lubricants - 19 June 2018
- Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality industrial action update - 19 June 2018
- Cllr Annette Lovemore on the Municipal Strike - 19 June 2018