A section of Heugh Road will be partially closed from tomorrow (Thursday, 15 March) for up to two weeks to allow for the rehabilitation of the segment between 4th and 8th Avenue, Walmer ahead of the Ironman 70.3 World Championship in September.
Member of the Mayoral Committee for Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture, Cllr Siyasanga Sijadu, said the successful hosting of both the Ironman African Championship next month and the event on 1 and 2 September will once again emphasize the municipality’s ability to host world class events with distinction.
“However in this instance, the good comes with minor inconveniences such as the partial road closure of the busy Heugh Road for up to two weeks.
“One lane will be open at all times to allow for traffic to pass through but motorists should expect a delay. Perhaps they should consider alternative routes as part of their itinerary,” MMC Sijadu said.
The partial road closure will be enforced between 09:00r and 16:00 every day while work is in progress.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Electricity shutdown to affect supply to a large part of Port Elizabeth - 15 March 2018
- Partial closure of Heugh Road - 14 March 2018
- Sanitary Towels for Alfonso Aries and St Albans Primary schools - 14 March 2018
- Readers are leaders - 12 March 2018
- These Suburbs Won’t Have Electricity This Sunday - 12 March 2018