A section of Heugh Road will be partially closed from tomorrow (Thursday, 15 March) for up to two weeks to allow for the rehabilitation of the segment between 4th and 8th Avenue, Walmer ahead of the Ironman 70.3 World Championship in September.
Member of the Mayoral Committee for Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture, Cllr Siyasanga Sijadu, said the successful hosting of both the Ironman African Championship next month and the event on 1 and 2 September will once again emphasize the municipality’s ability to host world class events with distinction.
“However in this instance, the good comes with minor inconveniences such as the partial road closure of the busy Heugh Road for up to two weeks.
“One lane will be open at all times to allow for traffic to pass through but motorists should expect a delay. Perhaps they should consider alternative routes as part of their itinerary,” MMC Sijadu said.
The partial road closure will be enforced between 09:00r and 16:00 every day while work is in progress.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- No ‘Christmas Box’ for Municipal Workers - 11 December 2018
- Walmer Area Water Shutdown - 29 November 2018
- Commitments from Bobani - 27 November 2018
- Gender-based violence has reached crisis levels in the Eastern Cape - 26 November 2018
- Temporary Closure of Koedoeskloof Landfill Site in Despatch - 19 November 2018