One of South Africa’s biggest bands of all time, the Parlotones, is the headline act at the Absa Kirkwood Wildsfees on July 2, 2011.
The band has become bigger than a household name, with their songs and personal appearances tied to various corporate advertising campaigns, including VW, Pick ‘n Pay, Spar, KFC and Sony Ericsson. Their recent world tour included gigs in the US, Germany, France, Italy and the UK.
The band is also very vocal about its social conscience, lending their support to various causes including CANSA, United Against Malaria and the SABC3 Carbon Free campaign.
So if you want to rock, dance and sing to the big hits of “Colourful”, “Here Comes a Man”, and “Overexposed” amongst many others, make sure you’re at the Absa Kirkwood Wildsfees this July.
If you’re a fan of The Parlotones you’ll love Live Design. Recorded on November 14 2009, live at The Coca Cola Dome, it’s an 18 track, live CD and DVD combo of the band’s greatest hits. And unlike a lot of other top SA bands, The Parlotones sound just as good live as they do on the radio. Morbee’s voice is spotless.
The Parlotones band members are: Kahn Morbee – Lead Singer, Paul Hodgson – Guitar, Neil Pauw – Drums and Glen Hodgson – Bass and Keys.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020