The December school holidays kick off in a big way for kids at Addo Elephant National Park (AENP) this year. The fun, yet educational two week long programme starts on Monday 3 December until Friday 14 December, Monday to Friday.
All activities are offered at no cost, with the exception of the guided game drives. These are for a minimum of four and a maximum of 22 children and will take place daily between 9AM and 11AM at a discounted rate of only R70 per child. This is available only to children between the ages of five and 13. The only other costs payable are the conservation/entry fees into the Park. Parents need to sign indemnities for the little ones at the Game Drives Reception desk before they participate in the progammes.
The afternoon programmes are open to both the young and young at heart and will take place between 13:30 and 15:30 daily. On the Mondays youngsters will explore the PPC walking trail and learn all about the medicinal plants to be found in the Park. Crafty Tuesdays will get the creative juices flowing with a wide variety of wildlife crafts. Get to know the “Small Five” on Wednesdays and get up close and personal with slithery snakes on Thursdays. Finally, end the week off with Friday movie corner days – the Park has a selection of DVD’s to watch on a big screen!
Space is limited, so parents are advised to make early bookings for their children through the Park’s People and Conservation Department.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019
- Filipino Crewman Evacuated off Bulk Carrier - 15 July 2019
- One More Reason Why Foreign Visitors are a God Send - 15 July 2019