Port Elizabeth – A woman who was woken up by the sound of intruders in her home allegedly fired two shots at the men in her passage, police say.
Eastern Cape police spokesperson Alwin Lebans said the woman, 39, had been woken up shortly after 03:00 on Tuesday by noises in her Port Elizabeth home.
Labans said the woman armed herself and went to investigate. She then came across two men inside her house in Brahms Avenue, Pari Park.
“She was in the passageway and the men were coming towards her. She ordered them to stop, but they kept coming forward so two shots were fired in their direction,” he said.
Lebans said the men fled the scene with the woman’s purse containing an undisclosed amount of cash and her bank cards.
No one was injured in the incident and no arrests have been made yet.
Video of the incident:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The PEoples Triathlon - 23 May 2019
- Nelson Mandela Bay bids to host the 2021-22 Ocean Race Edition – #TheOceanRaceinNMB - 23 May 2019
- Three More Awards for Electric Vehicle - 23 May 2019
- Locally Yours Market appreciate fathers for the month of June - 23 May 2019
- SA ports to offer in-water hull cleaning - 23 May 2019