Based at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium and various venues in and around Port Elizabeth city, the Overdrive Festival event looks ready to set a new benchmark for an all-inclusive, hands-on experience unlike anything else on the African continent.
The main organiser is TV celebrity Ian von Memerty, of Strictly Come Dancing and South Africa’s Got Talent fame, who has made the city his home.
The event, from 19 to 24 September will include the Boardwalk Hotel and Conference Centre, the soccer stadium, Aldo Scribante race circuit, and oval track racing circuit. There will be spinning, drifting, drag racing, a 4×4 extreme offroad experience, high-performance driving courses and a motorbike trip through the Baviaanskloof area. There will also be an opportunity to drive around Scribante with champion track drivers.
Songs: Machinimasound – Incursion Machinimasound – Battle of the Titans by Per Kiilstofte
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Women’s Challenge has key role in serving the community – MyPR.co.za - 23 February 2020
- Uitenhage News: Woman nabbed with suspected stolen motorcycles in PE - 23 February 2020
- ‘Ill-disciplined’ Proteas hammered by South African media after Aussie T20 thrashing – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 February 2020
- The Inside Scoop on Vanilla – MyPR.co.za - 23 February 2020
- Economic Development MEC alarmed over SAA canceling flights to KZN – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 February 2020