The DA stands in solidarity with the SAPS as we observe the National Commemoration Day today for members who lost their lives in the line of duty during the past year.
One policeman killed, is one too many. Our brave policemen- and women are our frontline against the criminal element. In the last financial year (2015/16), a total of 40 police officers died on duty nationally. In the previous year (2014/15) the total was 73, of which ten officers were from the Eastern Cape.
Cop killers need to be hunted down with the full force of the law and brought to trial as speedily as possible so a clear message can be sent out that violence against the police will not be tolerated.
The DA appreciates the efforts of the thousands of police officers who put their bodies on the line every day to serve our communities in the province.
Safe communities are strong communities and without a well-resourced and motivated police service, we will not win the war against crime.
Bobby Stevenson, MPL
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Giant Propel Advanced Di2 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 16 September 2019
- PE Flying Squad hot on the heels of criminals: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 September 2019
- BWW Review: One of Kansas City’s Best Dramas MASTER HAROLD…AND THE BOYS Opens at City Stage – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 September 2019
- Coming Through? - 15 September 2019
- PE police dog, Jack apprehends to ATM robbers – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 September 2019