“You are already winners,” said Executive Mayor Dr Danny Jordaan to bubbly Eastern Cape Miss SA finalists Luyolo Mngonyama and Mikaela Oosthuizen during a quick visit at his office at the Port Elizabeth City Hall yesterday.
Mngonyama and Oosthuizen, both Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University students, reached the final twelve in the tough competition where the nation’s fairest compete for the top spot. They now stand a chance to scoop the coveted crown on 19 March.
“We wish you both well and if one of you wins we will have a parade on the square to celebrate the victory.
“You must show others that there is no contradiction between beauty and brains. That is why you should continue with your academic achievements as well,” he said.
Mngonyama is a BA student majoring in Psychology and Sociology and Oosthuizen is a BA student in Media Communication and Culture.
Both ladies enjoyed meeting our first citizen with Mngonyama saying she was worried that she might swallow her words as it is a great privilege to meet the Mayor.
Oosthuizen described the experience as a nice opportunity to touch base and appreciated the encouraging words and positive feedback from the Mayor.
— Nelson Mandela Bay (@NMandelaBay) February 29, 2016
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019