WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT- NOT FOR ANIMAL LOVERS OR VEGANS LIKE MYSELF.
I received this video via WhatsApp and, like watching a train wreck about to happen it is very hard NOT to watch and be horrified.
BUT, as a VEGAN I am horrified by what my peers and family eat as well so each to his own.
I was aware that some cultures eat domesticated animals like dogs and cats and horses which is stomach churning enough.
Apparently Live Frog Sashimi is an actual delicacy as one can see from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NW2…
In the wake of the 2020 Coronavirus epidemic this gruesome clip from 2016 has been revived and shows what is said to be a Chinese Social Media influencer picking a live frog up from a stall inside a wet market before he bites into its head.
He rips the frog’s head off and tears off its skin, revealing the bloodied meat and organs.
He then devours the frog’s brain in front of the camera.
Yanzhong Huang, a public heath expert at the Council for Foreign Relations, told Time magazine: “This is just part of Chinese culture. They love to eat anything alive.” Some cultures believe that eating exotic animals can boost ‘male potency’.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Municipalities warned against cutting water to residents - 6 April 2020
- Create the space to implement positive outcomes in the midst of a global pandemic - 6 April 2020
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020
- Lockdown sees a decrease in serious and violent crimes - 5 April 2020
- Willowvale police investigate murder case - 5 April 2020