We duly arrived at the restaurant, we were warmly greeted and seated. We ordered a bottle of wine and our mains. The wine arrived and soon the meal followed. my wife’s duck breast was done to perfection and I cut in to my chicken roulade wrapped with Parma ham and filled with Camembert cheese, anticipating a superb mix of flavours, however after the second bite I realized that the Camembert cheese was nowhere to be found. I called the waiter and asked to see the menu – just to check that I had not imagined that there should be Camembert cheese. I then asked to see the chef. After a while he came to our table -I asked him why there was no cheese, was only to be told that it had melted into the chicken breast even though a gaping hole in the roulade showed that no Camembert was there – needless to say I sent the meal back.
Over the past year I have experienced this type of inferior service/ product from many of the top restaurants in PE. I can’t believe that this level of service happens only to me and no one else,this leads me to the conclusion that Port Elizabeth diners are too complacent and accept an inferior level of food quality/service to avoid conflict only to never return to the restaurant again.
If you agree with me -the next time you get this type of “bad” service at an eatery anywhere, please complain don’t just accept and never return – maybe, by doing this, we can get the service and quality we deserve – AFTER ALL IT IS OUR HARD EARNED MONEY THAT WE SPEND THERE AND THAT KEEPS THEM OPEN
Essexvale, Port Elizabeth
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: Long term forecast forBhisho, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 16 January 2019
- PE Business News: Chippa take a huge gamble on defender Siyabonga Zulu - 16 January 2019
- Festive Season death toll on EC roads crisis - 16 January 2019
- Mthatha News: South Africa: Suspect Fatally Wounded Following Business Robbery - 16 January 2019
- Uitenhage News: Commercial Property for Sale in Uitenhage Central - 16 January 2019