The 2019 Rugby World Cup-winning Springbok squad are due to arrive back in South Africa on a number of flights from Japan over a two day period between Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 November.
Rassie Erasmus, the Director of Rugby, Springbok captain Siya Kolisi and vice-captain Handre Pollard are amongst the first batch of the Springbok squad members who are due to arrive from Japan. The first flights are expected to land in Johannesburg at approximately 16h30-16h45 on Tuesday
The Springboks will kick off their RWC Champions Tour in Gauteng on Thursday 7 November with a parade including stops in Pretoria, Johannesburg and Soweto.
The RWC squad will also parade the Webb Ellis Cup in a number of other locations before concluding the tour in Cape Town on Monday, 11 November.
The planned RWC Champions Tour stops are as follow:
- Thursday, 7 November: Pretoria, Johannesburg and Soweto
- Friday, 8 November: Durban
- Saturday, 9 November: East London
- Sunday, 10 November: Port Elizabeth
- Monday, 11 November: Cape Town
The 2019 Springbok Rugby World Cup Champions arrive in Port Elizabeth on Saturday night and will visit New Brighton, Kwazakhele, Zwide, Motherwell and Uitenhage, with the final stop at Greenacres on Sunday.
The Rugby World Cup will be showcased in a Bus Parade departing from the City Hall at 10h00 on Sunday 10 November 2019.
The route from the City Hall will take the bus past: New Brighton, Kwazakhele, Zwide, Motherwell Peace Park, Uitenhage and then stop at the Greenacres Mall.
The Team Bus is scheduled to arrive at the Greenacres Mall at 14h30 where key Springbok Players will talk to fans.
At 15h00 the Sprinbok Team Bus will depart for the Port Elizabeth Airport and the final stop in Cape Town.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- ECRDA’s Bumper Loan Year - 11 December 2019
- Eskom - 11 December 2019
- Today we stand in front of a different ruin to Cyril - 10 December 2019
- Tenants Advised to be on the Lookout Against Collection Scams and Illegal Evictions - 10 December 2019
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Live EV Charging Station Map - 10 December 2019