The South African Police Service in Uitenhage are deeply saddened to announce the tragic loss of one of their own in a fire on Saturday, 1 October 2016. It is alleged that the adjacent informal house in Sanger Street, Rosedale, Uitenhage caught fire at about 11:10am. The fire spread to the informal home where off-duty Constable Jermaine Armoed (42) was sleeping and the member could not escape in time. The member was stationed at SAPS Uitenhage and performed duties on the shifts.
The SAPS Management in the Eastern Cape expressed their deepest condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Constable Jermaine Armoed. “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, loved ones and his colleagues in the SAPS”, the acting station commander, Colonel Andre Swart said.
SAPS Kamesh are investigating an inquest.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Learners exposed to different career paths - 17 May 2019
- Winning streak for EP Cricket - 16 May 2019
- Lindiwe Cezula wins international award to get girls moving - 16 May 2019
- Two Fraudulent Doctors Arrested in Nelson Mandela Bay - 16 May 2019
- Unique International Museum Day Offering - 16 May 2019