The South African Police Service in Uitenhage are deeply saddened to announce the tragic loss of one of their own in a fire on Saturday, 1 October 2016. It is alleged that the adjacent informal house in Sanger Street, Rosedale, Uitenhage caught fire at about 11:10am. The fire spread to the informal home where off-duty Constable Jermaine Armoed (42) was sleeping and the member could not escape in time. The member was stationed at SAPS Uitenhage and performed duties on the shifts.
The SAPS Management in the Eastern Cape expressed their deepest condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Constable Jermaine Armoed. “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, loved ones and his colleagues in the SAPS”, the acting station commander, Colonel Andre Swart said.
SAPS Kamesh are investigating an inquest.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why do solar panels always have to be so ugly? - 25 March 2019
- Keep your Eyes peeled for this Brydes Whale in Distress - 24 March 2019
- Father and Son Rescued off Rocks - 24 March 2019
- Brydes Whale in Danger at Riy Banks - 24 March 2019
- Isuzu Southern Kings’ fighting spirit not enough - 24 March 2019