Started by Zports in January 2006, the Ocean Racing Series remains one of the largest family beach events in Africa and is unique to the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropole which consists of Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch.
The Series offers a fantastic way to stay fit in a casual, friendly and safe environment. Participants of all ages and fitness abilities are encouraged to join in the fun of the Series which is great for families.
The ORS sees hundreds of like minded people swimming and running from Shark Rock Pier on alternate Sunday mornings throughout Summer.
Participants get to choose from six events that all start and end on Port Elizabeth’s Hobie Beach: 1km Ocean Swim, 2km Ocean Swim, 3km Ocean Swim, 5km Beach Run, 5km Beach Walk and 1km Kids Run.
Pictured: Local youth who are part of the Masakhane Future Stars Development Trust get to enjoy the first round of the aQuellé Ocean Racing Series on Sunday morning 11 October 2015 at Hobie Beach.
Date: October 12, 2015 02:32
Click here for more: Ocean Racing Series Port Elizabeth – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Superfoods to Eat Yourself Healthier, Stronger and Younger - 20 October 2019
- 19 October’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 1 - 19 October 2019
- Madibaz Sports Stars of the Year - 18 October 2019
- Four charities to benefit - 18 October 2019
- South Africa’s development of the future mobility ecosystem - 18 October 2019