Ronica Ragavan, Acting CEO of Oakbay Investments (http://OakbayInvestments.co.za), comments on today’s events in Court:
“The ulterior motives of the Finance Minister have been made very clear in Court today. He has used an irrelevant and fundamentally flawed list of transactions to further his warfare against Oakbay and its shareholders. Even worse, he has used both his office and the resources of the State to pursue this.
“The reason the Minister is using Oakbay as a pawn for his own political purposes is a mystery to us. Perhaps it is to try and protect the banking sector from future scrutiny into its conduct. Either way, it is reckless and inappropriate.
“We look forward to the judgement and are confident that common sense will prevail.”
Distributed by APO on behalf of Oakbay Investments Ltd.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- City of Cape Town moves to evict occupiers of old circus school – News from GroundUp - 15 December 2019
- Sharing the magic of mosaics – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 December 2019
- Six-year old wounded in PE shooting – three arrested – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 December 2019
- Two gang members arrested for attempted murder: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 December 2019
- Sedgefield: A Garden Route summer in SA’s first ‘Slow Town’ – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 December 2019