At 15h20, Saturday, 22nd November, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew launched EIKOS RESCUER IV tasked to mark one of the missing containers (that fell off a ship at anchorage in Port Elizabeth during the week) reportedly spotted by a passing ship 25 nautical miles off-shore.
The ship had marked the position and the salvagers tasked to locate and recover the containers were informed and NSRI Port Elizabeth requested to mark the container for easy location later.
But on arrival in the area it was discovered that the information from the ship was some 6 hours old and the container was nowhere to be found at the given coordinates and NSRI returned to base.
Ships maintain a look out for the remaining missing containers and Telkom Maritime radio Services continue to broadcast and all ships alert warning of the danger and to be on the look out and report any sightings of containers.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- How to boost your chances of getting a joint bond - 21 February 2020
- Elrigh Louw Back In Starting XV For Isuzu Southern Kings - 21 February 2020
- Humansdorp to march against rising crime and gangsterism - 21 February 2020
- Too late for a bounce back Kings and Cheetahs? - 21 February 2020
- African Penguin populations in the wild have declined by 95 per cent - 21 February 2020