At 15h20, Saturday, 22nd November, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew launched EIKOS RESCUER IV tasked to mark one of the missing containers (that fell off a ship at anchorage in Port Elizabeth during the week) reportedly spotted by a passing ship 25 nautical miles off-shore.
The ship had marked the position and the salvagers tasked to locate and recover the containers were informed and NSRI Port Elizabeth requested to mark the container for easy location later.
But on arrival in the area it was discovered that the information from the ship was some 6 hours old and the container was nowhere to be found at the given coordinates and NSRI returned to base.
Ships maintain a look out for the remaining missing containers and Telkom Maritime radio Services continue to broadcast and all ships alert warning of the danger and to be on the look out and report any sightings of containers.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Successful Completion of Bedford Primary School - 19 September 2019
- Say Hello to the New Volkswagen - 19 September 2019
- SMEs should manage and invest cash reserves wisely - 19 September 2019
- You are Invited to Strike for the Climate - 19 September 2019
- THIS is what is so Rotten in Politics and Humanity - 19 September 2019