Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents and stakeholders that the Executive Mayor has relieved Acting City Manager, Mr Peter Nielson of his duties with immediate effect due to medical reasons.
Mr Nielson will soon undergo a medical operation that will make him unable to perform his duties. It is for this reason that the Executive Mayor has decided to appoint Mrs Noxolo Nqwazi to act as City Manager.
Mrs Nqwazi is currently an Executive Director for Arts, Sport, Recreation and Culture (ASRC).
A suitable official within ASRC will then be appointed to act in Mrs Nqwazi’s position.
The Executive Mayor said: “I would like to thank Mr Nielson for the commitment he has shown while acting in this important position. I wish him all the best and good health”.
Editor: This is the second time that Noxolo Nqwazi will fill the position of Acting City Manager.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Water Shut Off Due To Maintenance Work - 10 July 2019
- On the Non Collection of Refuse - 5 July 2019
- Let me know what challenges you face - 4 July 2019
- Staying ahead of the curve to address community issues a must – Mayor Bobani - 2 July 2019
- Parts of Summerstrand and Humewood Could be Without Water - 26 June 2019