I am sure that you, like all South Africans, are a little bit mystified at the polarisation that takes place even when our politicians say that they talk for all South Africans!
The standard line is this one; “The [insert political party name here] stands for all South Africans – Black, White, Coloured, Indian.”
Admirable as that racist sentiment is the time has come for it to be retired with the contempt that it deserves.
In the meantime maybe the standard line would become this one; “The [insert political party name here] stands for all South Africans – Female, Male and promises to listen to and protect the rights of all South Africans no matter their political affiliation whilst we the [insert political party name here] put South Africa and it’s people first.”
Now that will be a political party that serves the people.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 5.23% Eskom increase a bittersweet victory - 16 December 2017
- Business Chamber welcomes Nersa decision - 16 December 2017
- Transgivers generate toys for joy this Christmas - 16 December 2017
- Use less than 40 Kilolitres per month or else… - 16 December 2017
- Feya Faku heads home with top Swiss Drummer Dominic Egli and Plurism - 15 December 2017