I am sure that you, like all South Africans, are a little bit mystified at the polarisation that takes place even when our politicians say that they talk for all South Africans!
The standard line is this one; “The [insert political party name here] stands for all South Africans – Black, White, Coloured, Indian.”
Admirable as that racist sentiment is the time has come for it to be retired with the contempt that it deserves.
In the meantime maybe the standard line would become this one; “The [insert political party name here] stands for all South Africans – Female, Male and promises to listen to and protect the rights of all South Africans no matter their political affiliation whilst we the [insert political party name here] put South Africa and it’s people first.”
Now that will be a political party that serves the people.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Learners exposed to different career paths - 17 May 2019
- Winning streak for EP Cricket - 16 May 2019
- Lindiwe Cezula wins international award to get girls moving - 16 May 2019
- Two Fraudulent Doctors Arrested in Nelson Mandela Bay - 16 May 2019
- Unique International Museum Day Offering - 16 May 2019