The inability of the failing ANC/EFF/UDM coalition of corruption government in Nelson Mandela Bay to deal with a crisis, is why taps in the Northern Areas have been dry for days.
The people of the Northern Areas have been without water for the past four days and this has had a disastrous effect on their Easter celebrations.
It is inexcusable that the Metro has been unable to detect what the root cause of the water disruption is.
Nelson Mandela Bay’s water infrastructure has in the past been disrupted due to sabotage. The DA sincerely hopes the water crisis is not due to sabotage, but the fact that Metro officials have struggled for four days to find a solution to the problem, raises a red flag.
Executive Mayor Mongameli Bobani’s hollow apology to residents on Easter Sunday, four days into the crisis, highlights the lack of political leadership and administrative capacity of the governing ANC-led coalition of corruption.
Residents have been going without water as the Municipality is finding it impossible to put all its water tankers on the road.
The DA Caucus in NMB has reached out to the DA-led Kouga Local Municipality, who has agreed to supply additional tankers to assist the people of the Northern Areas.
I will demand Council order an investigation into this debacle and that a full report is tabled as to hold those responsible to account.
Water is a basic human and if the coalition of corruption fail to take action, we will take this up with the South African Human Rights Commission.
It is clear that the ANC/EFF/UDM coalition of corruption cares nothing for the people of the Northern Areas.
Recently this coalition of corruption removed R100 million from ward budgets for the Northern Areas and now the residents have been left high and dry over this very significant long weekend.
Only a DA government can build One South Africa for All by fighting corruption and speeding up the delivery of basic services.
EC Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Brand new bedroom side bed cupboards or for baathroom – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 August 2019
- Eastern Cape MEC wants gambling fully legalised in South Africa – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 August 2019
- Uitenhage News: Baby Standard Memory Foam Matrass - 19 August 2019
- Crime-ridden Kuyga Primary School burgled seven times in one month - 19 August 2019
- Port: Elizabeth Warren’s attack on the Dakota Access Pipeline is why so many Republicans tolerate Donald Trump – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 August 2019