Port Elizabeth – A 23-year-old man was found dead in a pool of blood next to a main road in Kleinskool, Port Elizabeth, on Wednesday afternoon.
On Thursday, police spokesperson Colonel Priscilla Naidoo told News24 three “unrelated” gang shootings took place within four hours in Port Elizabeth’s Northern Areas.
One man was killed and six others were injured.
A group of people had been standing outside a house in Gelvandale chatting to those inside a car at 14.40pm on Wednesday, when a white Volkswagen Polo pulled up in front of the group. The occupants opened fire. Five people were injured.
While police were at this scene they heard gunshots nearby. When they went to investigate they found a man who had been shot dead next to the road.
Naidoo said people in the area claimed not to have seen anything. This was despite the fact that the man was shot several times in broad daylight around 15.45pm.
At 17.45pm, a 26-year-old man was shot in his right leg while walking along Kobus Road, Gelvandale.
The shooter ran away. No arrests had been made for any of the shootings.
Mpho Raborife, News24
Latest posts by News24Wire (see all)
- Marinda Mills trial date set - 15 March 2016
- MP and official crash into one another - 15 March 2016
- St Albans prison warder kidnapped, raped by escapee - 10 March 2016
- No Witnesses to daylight killing - 19 February 2016
- Port Elizabeth DA councillor guilty of misusing funds - 16 February 2016