There is no immediate risk of load shedding – after an apparent over pressurisation incident at Duvha power station in Mpumalanga, Eskom said on Monday.
“Eskom experienced an apparent over pressurisation incident on the boiler of Unit 3 at Duvha. After a boiler tube leak alarm, the boiler tripped on a high pressure alarm. Upon inspection, damage was observed in the boiler and surrounding equipment,” said the utility in a statement on Monday night.
The incident happened just before midnight on 30 March.
One person was treated for dust inhalation, with no other injuries reported.
Eskom is investigating the reason for the boiler over pressurisation.
“The incident will add more pressure to an already tight system. However, there is no immediate risk of load shedding at this time,” said the power utility. – SAnews.gov.za
Editor: I am not sure if this is an April Fools joke or not!
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Name this Game Lodge in the Eastern Cape - 18 November 2019
- Like an Alien UFO Blasting Heavy Metal Above your Home - 17 November 2019
- Backlinks – Huh? When are they a “Good Thing?” - 17 November 2019
- Is the Dairy Industry Horrific? - 17 November 2019
- Watching This Video Broke My Heart - 17 November 2019