The time has come for the people of the Nelson Mandela Bay (NMB) to raise their voices and lobby all councillors in the municipal council to not hand the City back to the corrupt and ineffective African National Congress (ANC).
The people of NMB decisively rejected the corrupt ANC at the ballot box during the 2016 local government elections with 59.1% of voters choosing to vote for other political parties. They made it clear, through their vote, that they wanted total change and a new government.
The coalition government is making continued progress in rooting out corruption, bringing about financial stability, and delivering services across NMB. The total change and progress the coalition government has brought about is undeniable.
Under Mayor Trollip the coalition:
- Created 5 500 EPWP job opportunities;
- Made NMB safer by introducing a Metro Police Department with 114 new, quality officers;
- Fights corruption by ensuring that those caught up in corrupt activities face the full might of the law;
- Tarred over 30 km of roads; and
- Installed 1 000 new public lights and painted new road markings across the City.
The motion of no confidence in Mayor Trollip and the entire DA-led coalition government by the EFF seeks to undo all this good work and progress. All this will do is hand the City back to the corrupt ANC and undermine the democratic results of the 2016 election.
We are therefore releasing the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of all NMB councillors. Residents can make use of this information to lobby all councillors to not bring the City to its knees and undermine South African democracy. Click here for the contact list.
DA Eastern Cape Provincial Spokesperson
The following two tabs change content below.
This author is a 'catch-all' for occasional articles and letters written to MyPE. The Author of each article can be found in the signature at the bottom of each individual article.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha news: Scores of minibus taxis impounded in Mthatha - 25 April 2018
- King Williams Town news: 2017 Toyota Rav 4 2.0 GX Auto for sale in Eastern Cape - 25 April 2018
- Uitenhage in the news: No catering, so dialogue abandoned - 25 April 2018
- Fun in the Sun at the Nelson Mandela Bay Splash Festival [video] - 25 April 2018
- N2 Wild Coast Road legacy project empowers local women and communities – MyPR.co.za - 25 April 2018
Previous: How Many More Children Must Die?
Next: #SaveNMB Rally