Large sums of money spent on flights booked through travel agencies and hotel costs that are almost three times the government limit have sparked concern over Nelson Mandela Bay municipal officials’ massive travel bill.
It was also revealed in mayor Danny Jordaan’s report to the council that it cost the municipality an estimated R220 000 just for flights to Washington DC for his predecessor‚ Ben Fihla‚ and five others.
The tickets for two of the six who attended the Rainbow Push Coalition Conference cost R70 000 each‚ while those for the rest cost R20 000 each.
The trip to Washington DC and New York in January cost a total of about R466 864. – The Herald
Source: RDM News Wire.
Latest posts by RDM Newswire (see all)
- Many tummies to fill at UDM election campaign launch - 14 September 2015
- I Didn’t write the exam says Danny - 10 September 2015
- PE woman fatally stabbed - 8 September 2015
- Rand hits historic low against dollar - 7 September 2015
- Rand to weaken past R14/$ soon - 7 September 2015