In a highly successful joint roadblock operation between the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and the South African Police last night, over fifty fines were issued to traffic offenders and several taxis were confiscated.
The operation formed part of the Municipality’s Summer season Safety and Security Programme, in terms of which a variety of activities and operations will be undertaken to ensure the safety of our road users over the Festive Season.
In this period of partying and merry-making, the Municipality appeals to all road users to exercise extreme caution and patience on the road.
Please, please – for your own safety and that of your family, friends and other road users – do not drink and drive.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019