Castle Lager has come on board as the new naming sponsor for the recently launched Super 14 competition, which enters its third week this week.
The sponsorship will see the tournament rebranded as the Castle Lager Super 14 Club Championship and includes match day clothing and equipment, valued at R5000, for the first place winner of the tournament.
“This really is a great opportunity for us and we are so pleased to welcome Castle Lager as the naming sponsor for the Super 14 competition,” said PE Metro Sub Union chairman, Stag Mitchell.
“We knew that there would be challenges in starting a new competition of this sort and funding is always a challenge, but it is something that we felt needed to be done and we had faith that local business would come out in support and that is exactly what Castle Lager have done,” said Mitchell.
Castle Lager EE and Events Manager for the Eastern Cape, Riaan van Jaarsveld, said Castle Lager had become involved in the tournament to give back to the community.
“We believe that sport plays a critical role in our society and can have a positive impact on individuals,” said Van Jaarsveld.
“One never knows where the next top player is going to come from and it is through tournaments like these that platforms are created for local talented individuals to showcase their skills and we are proud to be a part of that,” he said.
Van Jaarsveld said Castle Lager would also be promoting drinking responsibly during the tournament.
Round 2 of the Castle Lager Super 14 Club Championship was played at the Adcock Stadium and Dan Qeqe over the weekend. In Group A the front runner is the highly entertaining Missionvale leading the pack. In Group B PE Harlequins is leading the pack and are showing their class of late.
- 14 February @ Wolfson Stadium: 14h00 – Kwaru vs Gelvan Wallabies. 15h30 – Glen Roses vs Suburban. 17h00 – African Bombers vs St Marks
- 14 February @ Adcock Stadium: 14h00 – Zwide vs Young Collegians. 15h30 – Helenvale vs Booysens Pride. 17h00 – PE Harlequins vs Parks
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- East Cape SOPA unveils economy boosting projects - 25 February 2020
- Accolades for Ncediso App - 25 February 2020
- Four Commercial property trends to tap into this year - 25 February 2020
- Almost 37-million catalytic converters produced over the past 25 years - 25 February 2020
- Locally-assembled Bakkie is top-selling pickup in Europe - 25 February 2020