Patent-pending RIG Game Audio Dial enables Xbox One and PS4 gamers to keep hands on their controllers while changing volume.
Santa Cruz, Calif. – June 5, 2018 – Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), an audio pioneer and communications technology leader, today announced the RIG 500 PRO Series of gaming headsets, created to deliver high-fidelity audio in an ultra-lightweight design for the truly competitive gamer. RIG 500 PRO Series are the first gaming headsets to feature an exoskeleton earcup design with isolated inner acoustic chambers to reduce distortion, creating the ideal audio solution for today’s high-resolution gaming platforms.
Premium 50 mm drivers deliver wide-range frequency response while dual-material ear cushions provide the combination of noise reduction and comfort competitive gamers need for long, focused sessions. In addition, the console editions come with the patent-pending RIG Game Audio Dial, a 3.5mm connector with integrated volume control for wireless game controllers. Console gamers can now adjust volume directly from the controller without lifting their hands. PC models feature an inline volume slider.
“The new RIG 500 PRO Series takes the innovative modular design of the RIG 500 to the next level,” said Gregory Morquin, Category Business Manager, Gaming Products, Plantronics. “And, it continues the impressive number of firsts we’ve brought to competitive gamers, including the first VR-focused headsets, Dolby Atmos® activation and now, the RIG Game Audio Dial for Xbox One and PS4 wireless controllers.”
RIG 500 PRO Series, available in Console, PC and Esports editions, builds upon the lightweight, modular design of the original RIG 500 with performance-boosting features including:
• Premium 50 mm drivers for expanded frequency response
• A removable noise-canceling microphone boom and flip-to-mute feature
• Removable audio cables that can be easily swapped or replaced
• Snap-in ear cushions that come in full fabric for maximum breathability or in dual material that balances comfort with ambient noise reduction
• Isolated acoustic chambers for reduced distortion
• An easy-to-reach RIG Game Audio Dial for fingertip volume control for Xbox One and PS4 models
• An inline volume slider for PC models
• The ability to unlock three-dimensional sound with a prepaid Dolby Atmos for Headphones activation code
Pricing and Availability:
Select RIG 500 PRO Series will be available soon in South Africa and across designated regional retailers. For more information on the variety of features of the RIG 500 PRO Series and the RIG range, visit www.plantronics.com/za
Plantronics is an audio pioneer and a global leader in the communications industry. We create intelligent and adaptive solutions that support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments. Our solutions are used worldwide by consumers and businesses alike and are an optimal choice for open office environments. From Unified Communications and customer service ecosystems, to data analytics and Bluetooth? headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future. For more information visit www.plantronics.com/za.
The Bluetooth trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of the mark by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Tammy Bailes – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 October 2019
- Additional power generating units expected to return to service – Eskom – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 October 2019
- Jim Foot – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 October 2019
- Uitenhage News: Operation ‘Gijima Tsotsi’ takes charge in Humansdorp and Uitenhage Clusters - 20 October 2019
- 3 Bedroom House for Sale in Perridgevale – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 October 2019