Monde Desha has been appointed as new DA PR-councillor in the Inxuba Yethemba*. The appointment came after the resignation of Charlene Alexander.
The 27-year-old Monde aced our organisation’s rigorous interview and selection process and will join the rest of the DA caucus team of Inxuba Yethemba soon, where he will represent our diverse voters and our political party.
He comes to us with a wealth of experience. He believes and actively promotes the DA’s vision of an open opportunity society for all, based on the principals of freedom, fairness and equal opportunity.
He served the people and the party in various positions, the latest as elected DA youth leader.
He has specific interest in the youth, as he believes that millions of young people have been let down by Jacob Zuma’s ANC and its failure to create real, permanent jobs.
The DA leadership wishes Monde all the best in serving the voters.
* The Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality, formerly known as Cradock Local Municipality, is a local municipality within the Chris Hani District Municipality, Eastern Cape.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- R77 million school construction project stalled since 2018 – News from GroundUp - 26 January 2020
- Malawi to host 2020 COSAFA U-17 championship again this year – Port Elizabeth in the News - 26 January 2020
- Uitenhage News: SA sinking … but scrapper Nortje shifts to A-tier - 26 January 2020
- Wood: I woke up feeling ready to charge in for England one more time – Port Elizabeth in the News - 26 January 2020
- Cheetahs snatch victory from the jaws of defeat – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 January 2020