Georgina Faldtman, DA councillor in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro, has been elected as the Eastern Cape Chairperson of the DA Women’s Network (DAWN) at today’s DAWN Provincial Congress in Queenstown. She replaces Celeste Barker MPL, who dedicated 8 years of her life as DAWN EC Chairperson.
No nominations were received for the position of DAWN Deputy Chairperson and this position will be filled at a later stage. Marlene Ewers and Sophie Botman were elected as additional members.
The DA Youth (DAY) elected Mawethu Kosani as its Provincial Chairperson at today’s DAY Provincial Congress also held in Queenstown.
The new DAWN and DAY Leaderships are charged with addressing issues affecting South African Women and the Youth. Our structures are committed to bringing Total Change to all spheres of society. They will work hard at growing DAWN and DAY to provide opportunities to more and more women and young people in this province
The full complement of newly-elected DAWN leadership is:
- Provincial Chairperson: Cllr Georgina Faldtman
- 2 x additional members: : Marlene Ewers & Sophie Botman
- The full complement of newly-elected DAY Leadership is:
- Provincial Chairperson – Mawethu Kosani
- Provincial Deputy Chairperson (Administration) – Marius Hilton Roach
- Provincial Deputy Chairperson (Media & Publicity) – Ayanda Given Nompume
- Provincial Deputy Chairperson (Recruitment and Campaigns) – Nomzekelo Yvonne Monakali
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time to disrupt the real estate status quo - 14 July 2018
- R18-million green power plant for NMU - 14 July 2018
- Find another chair, human! - 14 July 2018
- 40 years of bakkie - 14 July 2018
- Who will take responsibility for South Africa’s sugar tariff fiasco? - 13 July 2018