Our October-November 2016 public participation on the Metro’s IDP revealed that education is a focal and highly emotive area of concern in Nelson Mandela Bay.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality leadership, led by Executive Mayor, Councillor Athol Trollip is currently developing an overarching vision, which encompasses education among its key pillars.
In developing this vision all sectoral roleplayers are being invited to separate sessions to interrogate their different roles, responsibilities and expectations of each sector. There is a strong belief by the current leadership that a meaningful vision can only be constructed when the education sector is are the centre. This then means that the education sector input is paramount.
To make sure that the inclusive vision is realised, the municipality will host a workshop involving parents, principals and educators, education department, representatives of school governing bodies, tertiary institutions, learners/students, early childhood practitioners.
Details are as follows:
- Date: Wednesday, 1 February 2017
- Time: 15h00 – 16h30
- Venue: City Hall
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Top 50 Bay businesses heard - 16 June 2019
- Motherwell Still Without Water - 13 June 2019
- Motherwell Water Cuts - 12 June 2019
- Donations needed to ease plight of destitute Walmer families - 11 June 2019
- Promises to Developers and Investors in Nelson Mandela Bay - 5 June 2019