Click on each of the links below to download the different load shedding stages from 7 September to 6 December 2015:
- September to December 2015 Nelson Mandela Bay PE Load Shedding Stage 2
- September to December 2015 Nelson Mandela Bay PE Load Shedding Stage 2
- September to December 2015 Nelson Mandela Bay PE Load Shedding Stage 3
- September to December 2015 Nelson Mandela Bay PE Load Shedding Stage 4
Sponsored by: Straton Solar
Features of the new schedules are:
- In accordance with the national protocols: the schedules cover a 24-hour period; the schedules cover all seven days of the week and load-shedding time slots are either be 2 hours or 4 hours.
- Whenever there is a change in Loadshedding Stage, each escalated Stage is actually an extension of the previous Stage. For example, as you will see in the attached schedules, Stage 2 is an extension of Stage 1, Stage 3 an extension of Stage 2, and Stage 4 an extension of Stage 3.
- The half-hour added to the end of each time slot is to allow our technicians time for switching. This must be done with a great degree of care and attention to detail, so as to ensure that the system remains intact.
- The new time slots are at odd-numbered hours (as opposed to previously even-numbered hours). This is due to the reality that during the winter months the peak demand periods are from 07h00 to 09h00 in the morning, and from 17h00 to 19h00 in the evening.
- One now simply has to know one’s Group and plot it against any particular date – depending on what Stage of Load-shedding, one will easily be able to work out the various time-slots that are applicable for a particular Group on a particular day in the schedule.
- The schedules are also monthly. So, for the period 6 July to 6 September 2015, there are just 2 schedules – if one is able to, print out the 2 schedules and stick them on one’s fridge or notice-board.
- The schedule follows an eight-day cycle, meaning that it repeats itself every ninth day. In the attached, one will see that each Group is shed the same number of times in the eight-day cycle: * Stage 1 (2 hour time slots): all Groups are shed 10 times in the cycle, and the Geysers 16 times; * Stage 2 (2 hour time slots): all Groups are shed 22 times in the cycle, and the Geysers 22 times; * Stage 3 (4 hour time slots): all Groups are shed 16 times in the cycle, and the Geysers 16 times; * Stage 4 (4 hour time slots): all Groups are shed 22 times in the cycle, and the Geysers 16 times.
Load Shedding Areas by Group:
Group 1: 7de Laan, Aspen Heights, Booysens Park, Chatty Wells Estate (Bluewater Bay), Coega Village, Despatch, Despatch Industrial, Ext 21 -34, Heath Park (Above Spar and including PE College), Jacksonville, Khayamnandi, Kleinskool, Kwanoxolo, Motherwell North, Motherwell North of Addo Road, Motherwell NU1 -12, Palm Ridge, Tjoksville
Group 2: Arcadia, Bethelsdorp Village, Blue Horizon Bay – FBH, Boxes & Shooks – TBS, Buffelsfontein Old Age Home, Buffelsfontein Rd, Charlo, Chatty, Circular Drive, Cleary Estate, Cleary Park, Ext 28 (St. Elizabeth Street area), Fairview, Gamtoos, Gamtoos Hotel – GHL, Gamtoos Pumps – SGP, Gedultsriver – FGR, Greenshields Park, Heath Park (Bethelsdorp Side and around PE College), Heugh Rd – 6th Ave to William Moffett, Hillside, Hillside, Kleinskool, Loerie Pumps – SLL, Mangold Park (Section), Matjiesfontein – TFM, Mount Pleasant, NMMU (Vista), Nokton Farm – NFL, Overbaakens, Rocklands – FCR, Salsoneville, Salt Lake, Sanctor, Springfield, St Albans – SAL, Thornhill, Thornhill Farmers – TFM, Vaalkrans – GVK, Walmer 6th Ave to William Moffett, Walmer Downs, West End Van Stadens Gorge – VMW, William Moffett, Windvogel Witteklip – FCW, Woodridge – FCW
Group 3: EP Command, Forest Hill, Gerald Smith, Humewood, Kwanobuhle, NMMU, Rocklands lines S, SE, SWWeetwood Road Area, Rosedale, South End, Strelitzia Park Extention, Summerstrand, Summerstrand from NMMU to 2nd AVE, Summerstrand up to Marine Hotel, Tambo Southdene, Thomas Gamble, Van Estate (section), Walmer 1st Ave Area Area to 6th Ave, Walmer Boulevard, Winterhoek Park
Group 4: Albany Rd Area, Arlington – ADS, Baakensriver Area, Central Area Russell Rd to Albany Rd, Chapel Street Area, City Centre to Donkin Street, City Centre Whites Rd to Russell Rd, Gelvandale (closer to Gail Rd), Govan Mbeki to City to Albany, Helenvale, Humerail, King Edward Area, Lovemore Park – DLP, Malabar, Malabar Ext 6, Miramar, Pari Park, Providentia, Richmond Hill Area, Russel Road Area, Schoenmakerskop – DSK, Schoenmakerskop Village, Walmer 9th Ave Area, Walmer Dunes, Walmer Heights, Walmer Industrial, Walmer Location, Willow Area – DSK
Group 5: Beachview – SPL, Ben Kamma, Beverley Grove, Bramhope, Brickmakerskloof, Bridgemeade, Brymore, Butterfield – TBU, Central Brickmakerskloof to Russel Rd, Chelsea – GLC, Chinchilla Farm – SCF, Colleen Glen, Cows Corner – CCR, Crockarts Hope – TCR, De Stades – TDS, Francis Evatt Park, Glenroy, Greenbushes Draaifontein – GBD, Greenbushes Seaview – GBS, Hilltops – SHT, Hunters Retreat, Kabega Park, Kinibay – SPL, Kulati, Kunene Park, Kwazakhele, Lakefarm – TLF, Matomela, Morningside – Opal Rd towards Hunter’s Side, Murray Park – MPK, New Brighton, Park Drive Area, Rowallan Park, Seaview Pumps – SPL, Seaview Village, Sherwood, St Georges Park (exclude Hospitals), Van der Stel, Vergelegen, Walker Drive, Waterkloof – WKK, Westbourne Oval Area, Willow Glen, Zwide
Group 6: Adcockvale Area, Adcockvale Ext, Burt Drive Area, Cape Rd Area Greenacres, Cotswold Area, Fairbridge Heights, Fernglen, Framesby, Framesby Ext, Greenacres Area, Holland Park, Jansendal, Kempston Rd Area, Korsten, Levyvale, Lower Central, Market Square, Morningside from Opal Rd towards Makro, Mosel, Newton Park Area, Parsonshill Area, Penford, Perridgevale (section), Schauder Area, Schauderville Area, Scheepershoogte, Section of Kabega Park, Section of Linton Grange, Section of Westering, Steytler Township, Sunridge Park, Taybank, Uitenhage Central, Van Riebeeck Hoogte, Vikingvale, West Hill, Winterhoek Park
Group 7: Albany Rd Area, Central Area from Albany Rd towards Mount Rd, College Drive, Eastborne Road, Edgar Street Area, Essexvale, Fiveways, Glendenningvale, Ibhayi, Kensington Area, Kensington Harrower Rd to Diaz Rd, Koyana Redhouse Area, Kwadwesi, Kwaford, Kwamagxaki, Kwazakhela, Linkside, Masangwanaville, Mgengo Street Area, Mill Park, Millard Grange, Mount Croix Area (section), Mount Croix Area (section), New Brighton, North End Area, Park Drive, Parsons Hill Area, Perridgevale (section), Red Location, Richmond Hill Area, Salisbury Park, Soweto on Sea, Stanley Street Area, Sydenham Area, York Road
Group 8: Algoa Park, Broadwood, Bushy Park – THC, Cradock Place, Deer Park – THC, Gelvan Park, Glen Hurd, Goldwater, Kamma Creek, Kamma Park, Kragga Kamma Theescombe – KKTYoung Park, La Provance, Lorraine, Lovemore Heights, Mangold Park (Section), Mount Pleasant, Mowbray Street, Newton Park 1st Ave to 5th Ave, Overbaakens, Parkside, Pickering Park, Seaview – SEA, Section of Gelvandale (close to Gelvan Park), Springdale, Theescombe – THC, Weybridge Park, Woodlands
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- #FightRacism on Human Rights Day and Every Other Day - 21 March 2019
- R70.9 million committed to support black-owned companies - 20 March 2019
- Give Your Home a Bit of Hygge - 20 March 2019
- Celebrating entrepreneurial Impact - 20 March 2019
- Do or Die OR Pride? - 20 March 2019