Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Member of the Mayoral Committee for Safety and Security John Best is regularly in contact with senior representatives from the national Department of Transport to resolve network problems affecting services at both the Korsten and Uitenhage Traffic and Licencing Centres.
“We have the new machines and the appropriate manpower in place but have been hamstrung since yesterday at our centres due to our machines not being able to connect with the network of the national Department of Transport.
“l will continue my engagement with the department until the network connection is restored. I will also ensure that our consumers are notified of any new developments,” MMC Best said.
Services affected are applications for learner’s and driver’s licences, professional driving permits and renewals.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019